How early should I plan my move?
Now! Summer in Houston can be a wonderful time of year but as leases end, work contracts expire and schools let out, summer is the most popular season for Houston moves. As temperatures rise and vacation plans arise, so do the prices for moving services and the number of people clamoring last minute for a moving truck. Don’t be caught without moving services. The last thing you want to do is try to squeeze your possessions into the back of a busted truck in 110° weather.
5 Tips for Summer Moving Success
1. Do your homework. Some Houston companies will charge extra during the summer season or might not be able to offer all regular services. Make sure you know what service you’re getting and the price upfront.
2. Start Early. The earlier you contact and reserve a moving company, the more flexibility you’ll have on your moving date and the services your company can provide. Enjoy the peace of mind that planning early provides with plenty of time to have a stress-free experience.
3. Remember to disconnect utilities. You won’t want to be paying air-conditioning bills when you’re not even in the house! Save some money by scheduling your end of service with the utility company a few weeks ahead of your moving day.
4. Pack one room at a time. Start with the areas and items that you use the least. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed, especially when there isn’t much time before your move. Tackle one room a day and make sure not to pack up things you’ll need during the move like medication, snacks, personal items. If you’d rather not bother with packing, Full Service moving is a great option. In that case, your Houston, Texas movers will pack everything and unpack once you arrive at your new home.
5. Cleaning Service. Unless you really like scrubbing, make sure to have a professional cleaning service prepare you for move out. This is especially important if you’re renting as you may not receive your entire deposit if the unit isn’t as clean as when you moved in!
There are lots of choices when it comes to moving in Houston. The dedicated professionals at Houston Moving Stars are experienced moving all-stars and can move you across the street, cross town or across the country at a fraction of the cost of other companies. With a straightforward hourly rate, you won’t find any fees or lurking “service charges” attached to the bottom of your bill. And with a range of services and trucks, we’ll help you find the perfect moving solutions whether it’s a Full Service move, commercial relocation or help moving big, awkward pieces of furniture.
And although hot and humid, there are lots of things to do in the city of Houston this summer to keep cool. Check out the Houston Museum District.
With some of the best collections in the country and frosty air conditioning, the Museum of Modern Art, Fine Art, Children’s Museum and Holocaust Memorial offer emotionally moving and stunning opportunities to see some of the country’s best exhibits and have fun with the whole family. There’s always something new and exciting to see!